Blog Archive

    Followers

    counter

CVS 3/18


It was my first time CVSing. Yes, I have been to CVS before, but I just recently signed up for my Extra Care Card. I originally planned on using the CVS Scenerio at Feeding Four for this week, but I was unable to get the coupons for Right Guard to print, and had given away my StayFree coupons not expecting to need them anytime soon. So, I had to modify the deal because I still saved money, however, it may not blow you away. Hopefully as time goes on, I will get better and better at it. But as they say, you have to start somewhere! Here is my trip:

Transaction #1:

1 Herbal Essences Shampoo ($2.99)
1 Herbal Essences Hair Spray($2.99)
Used $1/1 Herbal Essences Coupon
Used Buy One Herbal Essence Product Get a Free Styling Product Coupon (-$.299)
Total OOP Including Tax: $2.35
Got back $1 ECB plus $2/$10

Transaction #2:

2 Right Guard Deodorants 2/$5
1 Twin Pack Suave 24/7 Deodorant ($2.30 on CLEARANCE)
Used $1 ECB
Total OOP: $6.74
Got back $2 ECBs

Transaction #3 (Different store!)

2 Colgate Toothpastes BOGO @ $4.39
Used 2 $1/1 Colgate
Used $2 ECBs
Total OOP: $.66

TOTAL Spent overall: $9.75
Total SAVED Overall: $18.86
Cost Per Item: $1.21 including tax (I am counting the Suave separately)

I am honestly feeling a little disappointed with myself. I would have spent $2 less if I could have gotten the coupons to print, although I did feel very proud when I purchased two large tubes of toothpaste for $.66! I have been pretty faithful to certain stores for quite some time, and I had not realized that branching out a little bit could provide more opportunities to save. Wish me luck next week as I'm hanging onto my coupon and going to try to do even better!

0 comments: