Blog Archive

    Followers

    counter

CVS 5/17


No picture due to the fact that both memory cards are full and I'm still trying to hit up my husband to clear them off for me. However this is a week I really wish I COULD post a picture of because I'm extremely proud of myself.

This week, I used the list of CVS deals at Money Saving Mom which really cut down some time on my planning. Usually, I figure it out on my own but this made it easier for me to go early this week! Here's what I got:


1 Aussie Shampoo @ $2.99
1 Herbal Essences 2 in 1 @ $2.99
1 Dial Soap 3-pack @ $1.88
1 Lady Speed Stick Stain Guard @ $2.99
2 Cover Girl WetSlick Lip Gloss BOGO @ $5.99
2 Maxwell House Coffe B1G1 for $.01 @$4.79
1 .5oz Dove Deodorant @ $1.00
1 pack CVS Brand 50 ct Swabs @ $.99
1 CVS Shampoo @ $.99

Total: $24.61

Coupons Used:
$1/1 Aussie Product (From a Home Mailer)
$1/1 Herbal Essences (5/16 RP)
$.35/1 Dial Soap (Ordered From Coupon DeDe)
1 BOGO Cover Girl Product (Unsure)
2 $1/1 Maxwell House (SS don't know the week, sorry!)
$1.50/1 Dove printable (Adjusted to $1.00)*
$.75/Lady Speed Stick Stain Guard printable
$1/ any CVS Haircare Product*
$8.50 in ECBs

Total OOP + Tax: $3.17

NOTE for those starting out this week: Without ECBs, you would have spent $11.67 and gotten $7 ECBs for a total initial investment of $4.67.

I just want to hit on a couple of things I experienced this week. After last week, I decided to stay faithful to my regular CVS UNLESS they happen to be out of something. This is also avoided by trying to hit CVS early in the week.

Last week, I was told I couldn't get the shampoo with the CVS coupon. Most people do, so don't ask first, just use it. The register didn't even beep for it which usually means it's the correct item.

I also used the $1.50/1 Dove coupon on a $1 deodorant. When I asked the cashier to adjust it she said she would've gotten a bigger one, and I just stated that it wasn't on sale nor would it be free. To "lose" $.50 was actually worth it because I would have paid over $2 to keep that $.50. This way I have a travel size deodorant for vacation that I didn't pay a penny for.

She also asked if I usually get things I need and I said yes, but they are things I will use and I pay so little that it pays to stock up. I couldn't get in real deep with her about it, I was just surprised that CVS employees don't all take advantage of the deals!

I am also sending my husband back this afternoon with coupons, 1 ECB and our flex spending card to buy $7 in bandaids and neosporin to get $3 in ECBs! This will be his first time doing CVS on his own, so wish him luck!

0 comments: